If your Amana dishwasher isn’t drying, this article is for you.
Thankfully, most of the time it’s something simple causing the problem that can be fixed within minutes. Simply start from the top and make your way down the article until you find the cause of the problem and fix it.
Most models of Amana dishwashers are covered in this article, including:
Make sure you are selecting the right settings
If your dishes are coming out consistently still wet, try to use the highest heat setting or the strongest drying option possible on your Amana dishwasher when selecting the wash cycle.
Make sure the rinse aid is topped up
If you’re using the correct settings and that doesn’t make any difference, make sure that the rinse aid is filled up. Rinse aid helps to dry your dishes at the end of a cycle, and for most models of Amana dishwashers, there is a built-in rinse aid dispenser that you simply need to fill up with rinse aid.
Make sure the water temperature is high enough
Another important way to ensure your dishes come out dry is to make sure the water temperature in your dishwasher is at least 120 degrees Fahrenheit when it enters the dishwasher through the hot water pipe.
Make sure you load the dishes properly
When stacking your dishwasher, it’s also important to make sure all dishes are stacked correctly so that they can dry out at the end of a wash cycle. Dishes like plates should be stacked on an angle for best results and also make sure cups and bowls are facing down.
Check the vent
If those simple tips haven’t solved the problem, the next few steps involve checking some of the components in your dishwasher to ensure they are not faulty. The best place to start is to check the dishwasher vent. The vent opens up to let out the steam in your dishwasher after the rinse cycle. The purpose of this is to help the dishes dry quicker and better. If the vent becomes defective, your dishes won’t be able to dry properly or at all.
Here’s how to check the dishwasher vent:
- Locate the vent.
- Check the vent to ensure it can open and close properly.
- If the vent is damaged, it will need to be replaced. If the vent is working correctly, you can move on to checking the next component on the list below.
- Once the new vent is installed, test if your dishwasher now dries the dishes correctly. If not, you’ll need to check the vent fan motor.
Check the vent fan motor
Depending on your specific model of Amana dishwasher, you might have a vent fan motor. Its purpose is to help your dishes dry at the end of the wash cycle. When it becomes faulty, your dishes might not come out dry enough or not at all.
If your Amana dishwasher has a vent fan motor, here’s how to check it:
- Turn the power to your dishwasher off. You can either switch it off at the power socket or turn the circuit breaker off.
- Remove the side and/or back panels from the dishwasher so you can access its internal components (if you’re not sure how to do this, consult your user manual).
- Once you locate the vent fan motor, try to manually move the fan around 360 degrees. If the fan is obstructed by anything, remove the source of the obstruction. If the fan cannot move around and nothing is obstructing it, this means it’s faulty and will need to be replaced.
- If the fan can move around freely, the next step is to use a multimeter to test the motor.
- If the test shows the vent fan motor has continuity, it is working fine and you can move on to checking the heating element. If the test doesn’t show the motor has continuity, it will need to be replaced.
- To replace the old motor, you need to disconnect it and remove the screws that hold it in place. You can then attach the new motor.
- Once the new motor is installed, test if your dishwasher now dries the dishes correctly. If not, you’ll need to check the heating element.
Check the heating element
Depending on your specific Amana dishwasher model, it may have a heating element that helps to heat the dishwasher when it enters into the drying part of the wash cycle. Check your user manual to check if your dishwasher has a heating element.
If your dishwasher has a heating element, here’s how to test, and if necessary, replace it:
- Make sure the power is turned off to your dishwasher. You can either switch it off at the power socket or turn the circuit breaker off.
- If you haven’t already, remove the side and/or back panels from the dishwasher so you can access its internal components (if you’re not sure how to do this, consult your user manual).
- Locate the heating element and test it with a multimeter.
- If the test shows the element has continuity, it is working fine. If the test doesn’t show the element has continuity, it will need to be replaced.
- To replace the element, you need to disconnect it and remove the screws that hold it in place. You can then attach the new element.
- Once the new heating element is installed, test if your dishwasher now dries the dishes correctly.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.