All out of ice? If you’re having trouble with your Frigidaire model LFSS2612TF0 refrigerator’s ice maker, we can help. There are a few common reasons why your ice maker might not be working. In this blog post, we’ll break down what those reasons are and, more importantly, how you can do about them.
Common reasons your refrigerator’s ice maker isn’t working
There are a few usual suspects as to why your ice maker might not be working. Let’s go over them one by one and see how you can fix them yourself.
#1: The water supply isn’t connected.
The first thing to check is whether the water supply is connected. If it isn’t, you’ll need to connect it to the refrigerator.
First, locate the water line in the back of the refrigerator. You’ll then need to attach it to the water supply line in your home. In most homes, you’ll find this either behind your refrigerator or under your sink.
Make sure that the connection is secure and that no air bubbles are present. Then, turn on the water supply valve.
#2: The valve for the water supply is turned off.
If your water supply is already connected, the next thing to check is whether the valve for the water supply is turned off. If it is, you’ll need to turn it on by twisting the valve handle in a clockwise motion.
#3: The water filter needs to be replaced.
If your refrigerator’s water filter is clogged or dirty, it won’t be able to supply enough water to the ice maker. Replace it with a Frigidaire WF3CB Refrigerator Water Filter, which is compatible with the Frigidaire LFSS2612TF0 model.
To replace the water filter, simply locate it in the back of the refrigerator and twist it to the left to remove it. Then, insert the new filter and twist it to the right to secure it.
#4: The water inlet valve needs to be replaced.
If your water inlet valve is defective, it may not be providing enough water for the ice maker to function properly. The replacement part you’ll need is the Water Inlet Valve 242252702.
There are a few steps to replacing your water inlet valve:
- Shut off the power to the refrigerator.
- Locate the water inlet valve.
- Unplug the electrical wiring from the valve.
- Remove the screws that secure the valve to the refrigerator.
- Remove the defective valve and replace it with the new one.
- Reconnect the wiring and secure the screws for the valve.
- Turn the power to the refrigerator back on.
#5: The water pressure is too low.
The water pressure running to your refrigerator might be too low. If it is, you’ll need to increase the water pressure coming from your home’s main water supply. You can do this by adjusting the flow control valve.
#6: The ice maker assembly needs to be replaced.
The ice maker assembly in your Frigidaire LFSS2612TF0 can get worn down or corroded over time. If it’s defective, it won’t be able to make ice. The replacement part you’ll need is the Ice Maker Assembly 241798231.
To replace the ice maker assembly:
- Shut off the power to the refrigerator.
- Locate the ice maker assembly in your Frigidaire model LFSS2612TF0 refrigerator and remove it by pulling it out of its housing.
- Unplug any electrical wiring connected to the ice maker assembly and then remove any mounting screws securing it in place, if applicable.
- Install your new Ice Maker Assembly 241798231 into its housing, making sure all connections are secure before tightening them down with a screwdriver or wrench as needed.
#7: The ice maker is turned off.
This might seem like an obvious one, but it happens! It’s easy to bump the ice maker’s lever when you’re rearranging items in the freezer, so check to make sure it’s still set to the “On” position.
#8: The ice maker thermistor is defective.
The thermistor in an ice maker is responsible for detecting the temperature. If it is defective, the ice maker won’t work. The replacement part you’ll need is the Thermistor 242278801.
Troubleshooting other common ice maker problems
If none of the above solutions work for you, there are a few other things to check. Make sure that all electrical connections are secure and tight, as loose wires can cause problems in your refrigerator’s ice maker. You should also make sure that there is no clog or restriction within the water line or filter housing causing an issue with water flow.
Ice maker still not working?
If you have checked all the above and your Frigidaire model LFSS2612TF0 ice maker still isn’t working, it may be time to call a professional technician. They’ll be able to diagnose the problem and provide a solution to get your ice maker operational again.
Other maintenance tips for your Frigidaire model LFSS2612TF0
In addition to making sure your ice maker stays functional by monitoring all the components we’ve already mentioned, there are a few other maintenance tips you should keep in mind for your Frigidaire model LFSS2612TF0 refrigerator.
- Make sure to clean the condenser coils regularly, as this will help keep your refrigerator running efficiently.
- Check the door seals for any signs of wear and tear, as this can cause the refrigerator to not work properly.
- Monitor the temperature settings regularly in order to ensure that your food will stay fresh.
We know how frustrating it can when your ice maker isn’t working, especially if there’s no obvious culprit. Fortunately, there are a few easy things you can check on your Frigidaire model LFSS2612TF0 refrigerator before you’ll have to call in a technician. In this article, we’ve detailed the most common reasons why your ice maker might not be working and how to fix them. With these tips in mind, you should have no trouble getting your fridge’s ice maker back up and running again!