Who is offering the job?
Where is the job located?
How do you apply?
Appliance Installation Apprentice
Appliance Installation Apprentice– Coopersville, MI
Bekins is a continuously growing family-owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. With three locations in West Michigan, we are now nationally known as a high-end retail and service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins’ workforce has doubled in size over the last five years, and we continue to look to hire the best.
The new member of the Appliance Installation team will be a hands-on, physical worker with proven mechanical skills. Appliance Installers install a wide variety of gas and electric appliances including refrigerators, dishwashers, ovens, ranges, ice makers, washers, dryers and grills. It is Bekins’ goal to provide award winning customer service while providing employees with a stable environment focused on a healthy work/life balance. Starting at $20 an hour.
- 9 months hands-on training with an experienced Appliance Installer
- Ability to safely move large appliances
- Installation of appliances which may require some electrical or plumbing knowledge
- Clearly, concisely and respectfully communicate with customers and co-workers
- Efficiently and accurately complete all paperwork required
- Maintain vehicle; perform daily inspections; maintain inventory of required supplies and tools with no losses; keep clean, organized, and secure at all times
- Solid technical and mechanical skills, experience with appliance installation preferred
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, and maintenance
- Proficient with hand tools
- Able to move and handle heavy objects every single day
- Desire to work directly with customers in their homes; educating them on the use of their appliances
- Communicate clearly, appropriately, and concisely in verbal and written formats
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life)
- 401k with a company match
- Six paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
- Employee discount
- Loyalty rewards
- Employee referral bonus
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.