Founder/Instructor – Fred Butcher
President /Owner of Fred’s Appliance Academy
President/Owner of Fred’s Appliance
Fred founded Fred's Appliance in 1996 and it has grown to offer appliance repair to 6 different counties in northeast Ohio.
Previously taught an appliance repair course at Lakeland Community College. Fred has been teaching at the Academy since 2008. Fred has received certification from Nastec.
Instructor – Timothy Gleba
Tim has been with Fred’s Appliance as a service technician since 2004 and is now the Academy’s training instructor since mid to late 2015. When not teaching, Tim still completes calls on the road and helps out our other technicians on problem calls.
- In mid 2004, Tim was hired by Fred’s Appliance after purchasing a dryer motor for his personal dryer. Tim started in the parts department checking in part orders, returning unneeded parts, and getting the technician’s truck stock replenished and next day's work together. In between checking-in parts, Tim was eager to start learning and training with Fred and Fred’s brother Jr. on the different units that were dropped off for shop repair. Tim was also working as a part time Police Officer and continued to do so for about 8-½ years
- In early to mid 2005, Tim was outfitted with a fully stocked van that consisted of parts and tools and began training on the road with a senior technician and shadowing Fred’s brother Jr. learning all the different units and obtaining his refrigeration license.
- Tim then left the company a few years later to pursue his dream of being a full time Police Officer working for a few different departments putting in many long hours to find that a full time position would not be offered. Tim was always good working with his hands and being able to fix many things he’d come into contact with and returned to Fred’s Appliance service.
- In late 2008 to mid 2011, Tim spent time working with Time Warner Cable repairing and installing cable and internet to various homes in the area. It wasn’t long until Fred’s reached out to Tim to get him back in the appliance industry.
- From that moment of returning, Tim became a productive technician and was even recognized by Whirlpool in 2013 for having outstanding customer service, In 2015 Tim was again recognized by Whirlpool and this time being award with a certificate and plaque for being among the top 10% in the nation for outstanding in home customer service. Tim also received a all expenses paid trip to any destination of his choice by Fred’s Appliance for being the top producing technician for that year.
- In early 2015, Tim was out on medical leave for several weeks due to a surgery. Tim was then later approached by Fred and Adam in regards to shadowing Fred himself, who was teaching at Fred’s Appliance Academy. Tim was asked what he thought about teaching and eventually taking over the instructors position as Fred was looking to retire. Tim was given the time to think about the offer over the vacation he’d earned and came to the conclusion that he’d take the promotion.
- Starting in late 2015 to this present time, Tim has been the full time instructor at the Academy teaching many students from all over world the basic fundamentals of appliance repair.
Tim has received certification in the following:
Nastec Basic skills,
Wahers, Dryers, Dishwashers, Trash compactors, and Food waste disposals
Ranges, Ovens, Cooktops, and Microwaves
Tim is currently working towards his Nastec Advanced refrigeration and Nastec teaching certifications.
Wonderful three week course, highly recommend.
Met some wonderful people and Tim our instructor really takes time to give us all we need to be successful!
Very good experience hands on. Came to the course with no tech expert cr and leavening with good knowlage and a better understanding on then course
Response from Fred's Appliance Academy:
Thank you for sharing Keith!
The course was put together very well. I walked away with knowledge that has given me the confidence to go into my job and be successful.
Director – Adam Butcher
Vice President of Fred’s Appliance
Adam has overseen Fred’s Appliance Academy operations since 2008. Adam's passion for the business keeps us on our toes as he encourages thinking outside the box and welcomes change. Adam has had in excess of 20 years of exposure to the appliance industry.
- Operations Manager of Fred’s Appliance, LLC 2002 - Current Warranty claims admin, contract negotiations, human resources, software implementation
- Director of Fred’s Appliance Academy, LLC 2008 - Current. Adam has assisted in growing our Academy to host students from virtually every state in the US.
- Founder of Fluid Services, LLC 2017 - Current. A marketing company geared towards the internet presence of field service companies
- On site consulting - Adam has consulted in excess of 40 companies across the country. He has assisted in implementing a paperless dispatch environment and general operations streamlining.
Has Served on the Following Industry Boards:
- United Servicers Association 2010 - 2016 Served on the United Services Association board of directors
- Whirlpool Factory Certified Care Council 2013 - 2015 Served on the Whirlpool Factory Certified Care Council
- NEW / Asurion Advisory Council 2014 - 2015 Served on the Advisory Council for Asurion
Director of Student Services and Affairs – Jamie Lovejoy
Jamie oversees the day-to-day operations at the Academy and has been with us for six years. She has received a degree Early Childhood Development – minored in Human Resources Management and a CHEP certification in Admissions from NASSPS.
Marketing/Instructor - Alex Hallmark
Alex has worked in the industry since 2001 starting with Fred's Appliance Service. While seeking a bachelors degree at Ohio State, Alex worked sales at Dayton Appliance Parts.
After graduating from Ohio State in 2007, Alex worked as a contractor for Electrolux Home Appliances creating repair training videos for their various products.
Alex than returned to the Cleveland, Ohio area and started selling appliances for Snow Bros. Appliance. This brought Alex's journey full circle having a chance to work with a manufacturer, a parts distributor, an appliance dealer, and an appliance repair company. Getting just enough exposure from each major area of the appliance industry.
Returning to Fred's Appliance and joining the Academy team, Alex handles all of the marketing along with managing the various websites under the Fred's Appliance name:
Working with appliance companies across the country, Alex identified a need for marketing and operations help, and along with Adam Butcher, founded Fluid Services. Providing marketing and operations help for appliance repair companies across the country.