Founder/Instructor – Fred Butcher
President /Owner of Fred’s Appliance Academy
President/Owner of Fred’s Appliance
Fred founded Fred's Appliance in 1996 and it has grown to offer appliance repair to 6 different counties in northeast Ohio.
Previously taught an appliance repair course at Lakeland Community College. Fred has been teaching at the Academy since 2008. Fred has received certification from Nastec.
Instructor – Timothy Gleba
Tim has worked in our service department for over 10 years now. When not teaching, Tim still completes calls on the road and helps out our other technicians on problem calls. Tim has received certification from ASF and Nastec.
Director – Adam Butcher
Vice President of Fred’s Appliance
Adam has overseen Fred’s Appliance Academy operations since 2008. Adam's passion for the business keeps us on our toes as he encourages thinking outside the box and welcomes change. Adam has had in excess of 20 years of exposure to the appliance industry.
- Operations Manager of Fred’s Appliance, LLC 2002 - Current Warranty claims admin, contract negotiations, human resources, software implementation
- Director of Fred’s Appliance Academy, LLC 2008 - Current. Adam has assisted in growing our Academy to host students from virtually every state in the US.
- Founder of Fluid Services, LLC 2017 - Current. A marketing company geared towards the internet presence of field service companies
- On site consulting - Adam has consulted in excess of 40 companies across the country. He has assisted in implementing a paperless dispatch environment and general operations streamlining.
Has Served on the Following Industry Boards:
- United Servicers Association 2010 - 2016 Served on the United Services Association board of directors
- Whirlpool Factory Certified Care Council 2013 - 2015 Served on the Whirlpool Factory Certified Care Council
- NEW / Asurion Advisory Council 2014 - 2015 Served on the Advisory Council for Asurion
Director of Student Services and Affairs – Jamie Lovejoy
Jamie oversees the day-to-day operations at the Academy and has been with us for six years. She has received a degree Early Childhood Development – minored in Human Resources Management and a CHEP certification in Admissions from NASSPS.
Marketing/Instructor - Alex Hallmark
Alex has worked in the industry since 2001 starting with Fred's Appliance Service. While seeking a bachelors degree at Ohio State, Alex worked sales at Dayton Appliance Parts.
After graduating from Ohio State in 2007, Alex worked as a contractor for Electrolux Home Appliances creating repair training videos for their various products.
Alex than returned to the Cleveland, Ohio area and started selling appliances for Snow Bros. Appliance. This brought Alex's journey full circle having a chance to work with a manufacturer, a parts distributor, an appliance dealer, and an appliance repair company. Getting just enough exposure from each major area of the appliance industry.
Returning to Fred's Appliance and joining the Academy team, Alex handles all of the marketing along with managing the various websites under the Fred's Appliance name:
Working with appliance companies across the country, Alex identified a need for marketing and operations help, and along with Adam Butcher, founded Fluid Services. Providing marketing and operations help for appliance repair companies across the country.