The Ohio Association of Career Colleges and Schools is offering scholarships to assist individuals who plan on attending or who are currently attending a OACCS member participating school or college. The funds from this scholarship can only be used for tuition, fees, and supplies directly related to the cost of the education and/or training received.
- The following scholarships will be awarded for 2016:
- 5 Certificate Scholarships at $600 each
- 10 Diploma Scholarships at $1,200 each
- 14 Degree Scholarships at $2,500 each
2. This year the total Scholarship amount awarded will be $50,000.
3. Student Scholarship Applications will be accepted until August 16, 2016. Winners will be announced by September 20, 2016. Initial payments will be distributed in September.
Who is Eligible?
- Any person who is a current enrollee or is planning to enroll at one of the OACCS member participating career colleges or schools. Fred’s Appliance Academy is one of these schools.
- An applicant must be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- An applicant must submit the following:
- a. A complete Workforce Tuition Scholarship Application with appropriate signatures.
- b. Two letters of recommendations (this could be from current or past teachers, counselors, employers, clergy, professional associate, etc).
- c. Written or typed statement of approximately 250 words explaining why the applicant wishes to pursue training in the career in the field. This must be signed by the applicant. Must be on the standard 8 1⁄2” x 11” paper.
- d. Verification by the school that the applicant has a financial need.
- e. Application must be submitted by August 16, 2016 to:
Ohio Association of Career Colleges & Schools
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
2109 Stella Ct, Suite 125
Columbus, OH 43215
Scholarship Conditions and Information
- The scholarship check will be issued jointly to the student and to the school.
- The funds are to be used for tuition, fees and supplies at the school.
- The scholarship amount will be divided over the entire length of the program (so much per quarter) or what a student has left in their program.
- In order to remain eligible for the scholarship, the student must:
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0
- Maintain a 90% or greater attendance record
- Be a student in good standing with the school or college
- If a student withdraws from school, then the student and the school forfeit the remainder of the scholarship monies and that money is made available to other recipients.
- Scholarship recipients must use all the funds awarded within 5 years of the award much per quarter) or what a student has left in their program.
NOTE: If a student scholarship winner does not meet the minimum eligibility requirements, they will not be able to receive that scheduled payment. These monies will be returned to the WTSF account. If the minimum eligibility is met at the time of the next scheduled payment, a Request for Payment can be processed for the remaining monies.
See links below for application and additional instructions. Any questions should be directed to OACCS at 614-487-8180.