APPLIANCE ELECTRICAL THEORY
- Learn how to properly use an analog and digital meter for appliance repair
- Understand how electricity moves through a home and through each appliances
- Build basic circuits using our hands-on breadboards to better understand how electricity works
- Learn about switches and the different types that can be found in appliances
- Learn the basics on how to understand and read wiring diagrams
- Top mount refrigerators and side-by-side refrigerators
- Defrost systems
- Proper electrical and plumbing requirements
- Ice makers
- Water and ice dispensers
- Electronic controls
- Damper controls
- Use of torch and high temperature braze/soldering
- Diagnosing of sealed system
- Proper sealed system repairs
- Fast, efficient, and safe way to defrost evaporator coils
- An entire week is devoted to refrigeration training
ELECTRIC AND GAS RANGES
- Install and discuss proper electrical and plumbing requirements
- Bake and broil elements
- Infinite switches and electronic oven and surface unit controls
- Gas burners and converting from natural to LP
- Types of ignition systems
- Proper installation and electrical and plumbing requirements.
- Address common problems with installation and customer instruct.
- Proper use of detergent and chemicals and how they work.
- Pumps and dispensers and water circulation.
- Mechanical and electronic timers.
TOP LOAD WASHERS
- Installation and electrical and plumbing requirements
- Disassemble/reassemble a complete washer
- Proper use of detergent and additives
- Identifying chemical damage of clothing
- Electrical circuit including mechanical and electronic controls
FRONT LOAD WASHERS
- Installation and electrical and plumbing requirements.
- Advantage over top load washers.
- Boot/bellow removal/installation
- Disassemble/reassemble of complete washer.
- Electrical circuit including mechanical and electronic controls.
- Electrical components used including switches, timers, electronic controls and sensors
- Installation of product; venting, electrical, and plumbing requirements
- Importance of proper airflow
- Gas burners and controls, troubleshooting
- Installation and electrical and venting requirements.
- Testing for microwave leakage.
- Basic theory and testing of components.
- High vs. low voltage troubleshooting
Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and School Registration Number 13-03-2010T